So, we have put our house on the market. Not in our original plan when we built it 3 years ago, but we are doing our best to listen and react when God lays something on our hearts. So, promptly after having baby number 4 we put our house on the market. Which wigs me out a little, because how am I going to keep a house ready for showings and also live there full time with four kids? The laundry alone threatens to keep the front door from opening most days. But, nevertheless, we are giving it a very organized go.
So, Sunday before church, I packed a picnic lunch. And we headed right to a park after church. So quiet and sweet, and we were the only ones there. And we haven't done a picnic with all 6 of us before. It was nice to do something fun and different. No, not at all like Molly and her crew's park time in London right now. It is hot, way hot. So Very Hot. You think you might melt hot. And the kids have bright red checks the moment they step out of the air conditioned car. But even so, we had a blast. There was lots of chase (or if you are in the 2 and under crowd, lots of running aimlessly and screaming), climbing, swinging, and of course...eating.
And I had to snap pictures of the sweaty munchkins...because I adore them, in all their sweaty pink-cheeked glory. I appreciate what great sports they are being about all of this. The not being at home, the reservations they have about moving. Jake has a moment every day where he stuns me with his willingness to be helpful, and the capableness of his hands. I don't know what I would do right now without that sweet boy. Nick with his attempts to find humor in every situation. Emily with her desire to nuture and protect. Zack with his completely chi-laxed attitude. Punks nevertheless, but ohmygoodness, how I love them so....

No comments:
Post a Comment