Friday, June 12, 2009

Thankful

There was a big storm in our area on Wednesday night. It's Texas. In the springtime. So, I guess it's to be expected. But really, it's hard to "expect" something like this. For us it was a bigger storm than normal. And I am sad. But we are so thankful and steadfast in our belief that the Lord spared us from something much more terrible.

I am sad about my deck.


I am sad for the other tree that this enormous branch took out.
I am sad to have lost a chair that I so loved to sit in while the kids were playing in the yard.

I am so sad for my tree that looks like it lost an appendage.
But I am so thankful that the damage wasn't worse. And I am so full of praise that no one was hurt.
So I took pictures today of the three things for which Daryn and I are most thankful.






No comments: