Monday, August 18, 2008

What bliss is this

All my little pumpkins,

You are an endless source of joy and wondering and awe and angst to me. I cannot say all that you are to me. But everyday, I realize that I love you even more (this is a phenomena that you will not understand until you have children of your own).
So, the other morning, I am standing in the kitchen washing dishes. Jake and Nick, you are just running around the house playing. Then, the next thing I know, I hear you talking to your sister, who is laying on a blanket--watching the two of you race around her (it's a good thing she doesn't appear to be fearful for her life, the way you two whiz around her at break-neck speeds all the time). But, I am standing at the sink, listening to the two of you engage her and start picking up the toys to play with her. So, I surreptitiously grabbed my camera (inside my purse, in my car, in the garage -- why is that thing NEVER nearby when I need it), and snapped a pic to commemorate the occasion.
What bliss is this, to watch my three children playing together. To watch my big boys playing so quietly and gently with their baby sister. To watch my loves all piled onto the floor....



And just a little photo by Nick -- not too bad.

Oh, wait look at that first photo again....

Look carefully at Jake, look at his shirt. Totally backwards. Just keepin' it real!






Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

amberg said...

sweetness they are.
a sweet little trio.
and blessed to have
such an awesome mommy,
with so much love
and all the right
words to express it,
the ability to convey it to us
and a camera too.
lucky they are.